Updated March 8th, 2019
A speedy car had hit him when he was crossing the road after buying sweets and he died. Everyone were saying that was his fate!
If we analyze that incident from generall point of view, we’ll find, there was no fate. When he fell down from 25 meter height, he didn’t die because there was a sand stack down. He died on car accident because his mind wasn’t stable enough to cross the road after falling down from 25 meter height.
A statistic of calendar year 2011 –
As per “BLS revised 2011 workplace data”, there were 738 death of construction worker. The leading cause of deaths on construction sites were falls, followed by electrocution, struck by object and caught-in/between –
Falls – 259 (35% )
Electrocutions – 69 (9% )
Struc by object – 73 (18% )
Caught-in/between – 18 (2% )
So, it is essential to ensure safety in construction site.
10 Must Follow Safety Tips for Construction Site
Below are 10 must follow safety tips for a construction site –
1. Place appropriate safety signboard all around the site and where needed.
2. Make safety tray at every six meter height (specially in building construction).
3. Place appropriate signboard inside the project where applicable. Such as danger signboard or symbol on electrical board.
4. Use well insulated cable for temporary electrical connection.
5. Make temporary masonry wall or safety grill or fence around void areas. Such as lift void, stair void, etc.
6. Make scaffolding with safety net at periphery of building.
7. Keep a fast-aid box at site for emergency.
8. Prohibit smoking inside the project. If not possible, secure a place for smoking.
9. Keep a bucket of sand and a bucket of water always ready for emergency fire fighting. And of-course keep a fire extinguisher ready for use.
10. Make sure individual safety equipments such as safety belt, helmet, etc are properly used by workers when needed.
These are must follow safety tips for any construction site. Beside these, you can regularly train up your workers and team members for making your construction site a safe workplace.
What do you think about safety in construction? Please share in comments.