Updated January 25th, 2019
If the quantity of concrete is not much enough to do with ready-mix and is not less enough to do with hand mixing then mixture machine is used to mixing concrete. It is convenience to use mixture machine for mixing a small quantity of concrete. Producing concrete with mixture machine is much faster than hand mixing. Normally the capacity of mixture machine is 4 to 9 cubic feet of concrete. Mixture machine can be bought or rented.
How to Mix Concrete By Mixture Machine
Below are the steps of mixing concrete by a mixture machine-
- Arrange and stake all required tools and materials such as concrete ingredients, bucket, shovel and measuring can before starting the machine.
- Keep a drum of water near mixture machine.
- Clean the excessive dust from aggregate with water. Maximum 3% dust by volume is allowable.
- Measure the coarse aggregates and fine aggregates by a can equivalent to the volume of a bag of cement.
- Make sure the formwork, which you are going to fill with concrete, is properly supported and leakage-proof.
- Make sure the path between mixture machine and the pouring place is easily accessible.
- Add half of the required material (aggregates) of a batch.
|Concrete mixture machine|
- Add a small amount of water in the drum of the mixture machine.
- Then add a bag of cement. It is better to make the batch for a bag.
- Add remaining aggregates as per required proportion in the drum of the mixture machine.
- Decide what should be your water-cement ratio and measure the water bucket for how many buckets of water will need for a bag of cement. Thoroughly add required quantity of water. You can control water quantity by measuring the slump.
- Mix the concrete ingredients not less than two minutes after all materials are in the drum.
- Gradually add the remaining water and keep checking if the concrete mix is uniform or not.
Share your expertise:
How many bag/bags of cement do you mix in a batch with the mixture machine? Please share in the comments below…