Readymix concrete, RMC as it is commonly called, refers to concrete that is specially manufactured in a plant for deliver to construction site in a hardened state. Another form of concrete we use to cast our concrete members, that is on-site machine-mix concrete.
There are many reasons to prefer Readymix concrete over on-site machine-mix concrete. Here are top 5 reasons -
5 Reasons to Choose Readymix Concrete:
1. It's Time Saving: if you want to use on-site machine mix concrete, you have to order concrete ingredients for and stack them on you site first. There are lots of process in between that take more time. Sometimes it's difficult to get the job done if the required materials are not supplied on due time. On the other hand, readymix concrete can save you from such hassles as it is professionally handled by supplier.
2. Its space-saving: As a construction professional, always face this problem. That is space shortage in construction project. You know, there are variety of materials to store up, such as rod, shuttering materials, brick or block etc. And there are variety of machineries also to set up, such as, generator, cutter machine, roof hoist or tower hoist, etc. And you have to acquire a space for site-office also. There are a lot of space consuming things available on a construction project. More often, there are no space to stack concrete ingredients at all. At this situation readymix concrete is the better option for .
3. Its economical: On-site concrete mixing process involves labors for concrete mixing, transporting of concrete ingredients and concrete mixing equipments & machineries, which are very costly compared to readymix concrete. So it is economical to prefer readymix concrete over on-site concrete mixing.
4. It reduces wastage: Readymix concrete is one of the best option to reduce the wastage. Because, on-site concrete mixing method wastage during transit of concrete making components and mishandling of ingredients during the mixing process.
5. It can produce large amount of concrete: It's almost impossible to produce large amon of concrete with on-site mixing process. In that situation, readymix concrete is the only solution for major construction project.
As a civil engineer, I know that concrete quality is a major for any kind of RCC structure. On-site machine-mixing involves manually putting concrete ingredients into the machine by pan. Most of the time, its difficult to control concrete ingredients. Thus reduce the quality of concrete. On the other hand, ready mix concrete mixing process do that automatically which assure the quality of concrete.