Updated August 27th, 2017
5 Popular Civil Engineering Software
Below are the 5 most popular civil engineering software –
1. Autocad: The most popular software in civil engineering world designed by autodesk. 2D and 3D design, drafting, modeling, architectural drawing etc. can be created by this software.
Explore and visualize 3D concepts with a powerful set of intuitive design tools.
Speed project workflow with features that accelerate your design documentations
Exchange ideas with colleagues using cloud-based connected design technologies.
2. SAP 2000: It’s a most popular structural analysis and design software in the civil engineering world. Ideal for design and analysis any type of structure.
Integrated modeling templates,
code-based loading assignments,
advanced analysis options,
design-optimization procedures, and
customizable output reports all.
Know more about SAP2000 here.
3. Primavera: Oracle’s Primavera products are the leading enterprise project portfolio management (EPPM) solutions for the engineering and construction industry.
Whatever the size of a project, Primavera enterprise project portfolio management solutions enable organizations to do the following:
Effectively manage time, costs, resources, contracts, and changes in a single solution
Improve operational efficiency
Provide enterprise project and portfolio management visibility
Reduce performance risk
4. Etabs: ETABS is the ultimate integrated software package for the structural analysis and design of buildings. Incorporating 40 years of continuous research and development, ETABS offers unmatched 3D object based modeling and visualization tools, blazingly fast linear and nonlinear analytical power, sophisticated and comprehensive design capabilities for a wide-range of materials, and insightful graphic displays, reports, and schematic drawings that allow users to quickly and easily decipher and understand analysis and design results.
From the start of design conception through the production of schematic drawings, ETABS integrates every aspect of the engineering design process. Creation of models has never been easier – intuitive drawing commands allow for the rapid generation of floor and elevation framing. CAD drawings can be converted directly into ETABS models or used as templates onto which ETABS objects may be overlaid. Design of steel and concrete frames (with automated optimization), composite beams, composite columns, steel joists, and concrete and masonry shear walls is included, as is the capacity check for steel connections and base plates. Models may be realistically rendered, and all results can be shown directly on the structure. Comprehensive and customizable reports are available for all analysis and design output, and schematic construction drawings of framing plans, schedules, details, and cross-sections may be generated for concrete and steel structures.
5. Mathcad: PTC Mathcad is the Industry Standard Software for Engineering Calculations.
PTC Mathcad combines the ease and familiarity of an engineering notebook with the powerful features of dedicated engineering calculations application. Its document-centric, WYSIWYG interface gives you the ability to solve, share, re-use and analyze your calculations without having to learn a new programming language.
Click here for Free Mathcad Tutorial.
Which software do you use more? Please share….